05 February 2015

Bringing The Pain…



"Speak of the devil and he shall appear!"


It's all well and good having Batman and Robin joyriding in the Batmobile – they need something to occupy them… and who better than BANE.



I went for the Arkham City (Titan) version of Bane in the end. It's just such a monstrous miniature – he's huge – and looks very, very cool. He is quite an intimidating adversary for B-man, despite having Affinity to: Batman meaning he can actually be taken in a Batman crew!

The model itself comes in quite a few pieces. His body and one leg make up the main piece, accompanied by a bag of bits – arms, backpack, tubes. He will take some time to build properly and there will no doubt be filling required, but it will look superb when complete. It's just one of those miniatures that you have to finish!




Of course, every bad guy worth his salt needs some henchmen, so I added the Blackgate Prisoners. I think they'll make a nice starter crew together – the bonus being that Catwoman can be taken by either Batman or Bane so that model is flexible.





I'm hoping my base toppers arrive soon so that I can at least get all these models built and sprayed. The painting will come later. Exciting time… even when not much is happening!



7 comments:

  1. I'm watching this with eager interest, downloaded the batman rules a while back and whilst I'm not buying anything yet, keen to see how you find the game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very keen to have a game, but not sure if it will turn out to be any more than a flash in the pan. I think if there was a group of you who were into the characters/comics then this could be an excellent game.

      Delete
  2. Bane happens to be my least favorite Batman villain but this is an impressive looking figure. I like the Blackgate prisoner figures a lot. Looking forward to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I loved the Tom Hardy character in the film, this Bane is a different fish completely – he is so OTT comic book… love it.

      Delete
  3. I am thinking that you are taking to Batman in a big way. Are you thinking that this will be the next game for us to try out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think it's too early to jump in just yet. It is providing me with a nice distraction for now ;)

      Delete
    2. I had a look at the rules and some of the simple video clips - looks interesting. I have even had a browse through some of the models ..... steady now ..... steady.....

      Delete