25 February 2013

40k Nurgle: Blue or Green?


This weekend I got some painting time. I cracked on with my plague marine unit, getting lots of details finished. All that needs doing now, in addition to bases, is weapons and eyes.

The problem is do I go blue or green?

I quickly threw some paint on my two plasma gunners to get an instant reaction… but I can't make up my mind!

So, I've decided to open it up to the viewing public – yes, you get to choose what colour the eyes and plasma coils on my Plague Marine army get to be!


Here is the first model showcasing the BLUE. As you can see it has not been painted to a finished standard, I've just slapped on some base colour and got a couple of highlights in. You should be able to get a feel for it from that.


This is the model showing the GREEN plasma option. Similarly he is not nearly finished but the colour helps indicate what the final look will be.

There is an alternative.

How about green eyes and blue plasma, or blue eyes and green plasma? Thanks to the wonders of Photoshop we can get a sneak peek at how that might look…



And that's it. Take a look to the column on the right hand side of the blog – you should find a poll at the top where you can vote blue or green and have an input into my army. Maybe you'd rather see a different colour entirely!







5 comments:

  1. Green eyes, blue plasma :) I think it has the best mix and look in the end personal.. best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like blue for both. Will vote in poll as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find my opinion changes on a daily basis, so I'm finding these results interesting!

    ReplyDelete