24 February 2010

Seek and you will find!

 

I know I still have loads to paint, and a waiting/wish list as long as my arm, but I couldn't resist having a look through the attic for some more potential Blood Angel army additions.

First up was these long-OOP scouts, who were painted up (kind of) as part of my first Dark Templar army. The faces were done by a pro-painter friend of mine the night before a tournament, but they have been stuck in a box for almost 8 years. I can't think of any models more deserving to be in a Blood Angels army than these!



I also found the remnants of a Landspeeder, used and abused when I built my custom Dark Templar speeders (to be seen at a later date). Not all the bits are there, but it does create a nice modelling challenge, and it's a shame to let it go to waste or buy a brand new one.

Finally, whilst talking of brand new, I thought I'd add a pic of my new drop pod. I realise that building the whole thing in one go will no doubt cause a headache further down the painting line, but I just wanted to get a handle on the model given it's my first pod. I can learn from any painting issues when I build my next one.

Got some painting time ahead of me, then I'll do an end of month review on Sunday if I can find time.

4 comments:

  1. I have about ten of those old scouts floating around. I still think they are nifty models, and I agree they would be great in a BA army.

    -Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember images of them from Advanced Space Crusade painted up as Blood Angels and Ultramarines – looking forward to giving them a makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. am I correct in thinking those scouts are plastic? They're amazing. I've never seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, not plastic, they're not even white metal, they're lead!

    ReplyDelete